Is Rapid Growth of Subway Systems in China Losing Steam?
Construction of the subway system in Baotou, the Inner Mongolia autonomous region, had been taking place for only two months when the central government called off the project due to the drain it placed on city coffers.
While new city-rail projects are common in China, Baotou’s unusual move may be a sign of greater central government scrutiny of such projects, officials say. Indeed, one city has expressed doubt that its own project will be approved, and another was told by the provincial authorities to hold off for now.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas