Stable Bad-Debt Figures Mask Problems at Smaller Lenders
China’s commercial banking sector has managed to keep its official nonperforming loan (NPL) ratio steady for the past year, with the latest data from the industry regulator showing bad debts amounted to 1.74% of outstanding loans for the fourth straight quarter.
But the number masks a significant and growing divergence between the performance of the big state-owned banks and smaller lenders, numbers released on Friday by the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) show.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas