Quick Take: Foxconn to Buy Stake in Small Oil Producer
Apple Inc.’s major supplier Foxconn Technology Co. Ltd. has agreed to acquire a 24.37% stake in a Hong Kong-listed crude oil producer for HK$1.49 billion ($190 million).
IDG Energy Investment Group Ltd., which had operated hotels and restaurants until July 2016, became an energy company after Titan Gas Technology Investment Ltd. injected upstream crude oil assets in a reverse takeover. IDG is currently exploring crude oil in Inner Mongolia, and has announced a plan to acquire a shale-gas basin in the U.S.
IDG said in a statement dated Wednesday that five units under Foxconn Technology have agreed to subscribe to a total of 1.49 billion IDG shares at HK$1 per share.
IDG said its business development and operation “will benefit from Foxconn Technology’s global network, customer resources, public relationship as well as its leading experience of operational excellence.”
Also, the share sale will “provide (IDG) with immediate funding and the shareholders’ base of the company will be broadened,” the statement added.
Foxconn will become IDG’s second-largest shareholder after Titan should the deal complete.
It is not clear why Foxconn would invest in a hydrocarbon producer. Foxconn could not be reached for comment.
The deal will need IDG’s shareholder approval to be final.
Contact reporter Aries Poon (email@example.com)
Oct 21 17:14
Oct 21 12:31
Oct 21 12:39
Oct 21 10:16
Oct 18 18:20
Oct 18 18:11
Oct 18 17:26
Oct 18 17:15
Oct 18 15:26
Oct 18 13:54
Oct 18 12:57
Oct 18 12:25
Oct 18 11:40
Oct 18 01:13
- 1In Depth: How $2.7 Billion of Fake Gold Tarnished Local Lending
- 2In Unusual Move, Huawei Offers ‘No Backdoor’ Deal to India Amid Security Concerns: Report
- 3Regulator Flags Risks of Concentration in Private Fund Management
- 4China Races Ahead of U.S. in Deployment of Electric-Vehicle Charging Stations
- 5Ling Huawei: Are Banks Making High Provisions for Tax Avoidance? Or for Rainy Days?
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas