Investors Call Cops as Nanjing Internet Finance Firm Freezes Deposits
Users of a Nanjing-based internet finance company have been scrambling to cash out after getting spooked by the collapse of its peer Qianbao.
The offices of Xiaosheng Youfu (XSYF) were empty of staff on Saturday, but crowded with users discussing what their next move will be. Some said they had already gone to the police.
The head of Qianbao, which has a similar model to XSYF, had turned himself in to Nanjing police for “alleged crimes” related to illegal fundraising, according to a statement that appeared on Qianbao’s website on Dec. 27.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas