Controversial Prosecutor Under Bo Xilai Back in Limelight
A controversial prosecutor who rose to fame under disgraced party heavyweight Bo Xilai is back in the limelight for refusing to come to grips with her role in an earlier campaign to crack down on political rivals, orchestrated by Bo and his police chief.
Yao Ning, 40, was involved in nearly half of the more than 20 cases that charged over three hundred individuals — some innocent — of gang violence in the southwestern municipality of Chongqing, where Bo served as the party secretary from 2007 to 2012. Those targeted included police officers, public servants and business people critical of Bo’s rule.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas