Top Crime-Writer Turns to Mysticism After Losing ‘Muse’
Writer Ai Guozhu, who is popularly known by his pen name, A Yi, is obsessed with books and always carries one with him wherever he goes.
“The Big Book of Pain: Torture and Punishment Through History” was the volume he brought on the day of our interview, and nearly half the pages were marked with yellow sticky notes full of his comments.
A Yi describes himself as “a cruel writer” who wants to explore how “merciless” humans can be. As a result, murder, crime, and death are the major themes of his works.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas