Opinion: Can Trump Use Student Visas as a Bargaining Chip Against China?
U.S. President Donald Trump keeps turning up the heat on China over trade and intellectual property. A new tactic reportedly under consideration is limiting the number of student visas to Chinese citizens, which would be part of a package of sanctions against Beijing amid fears of a growing trade deficit and technology leaks.
Politico magazine quoted U.S. officials as saying the Trump administration is mulling the cap on Chinese students seeking a U.S. education in science, technology, engineering and math. Although details of the move have not been disclosed, the policy is bound to meet with strong oppositions from U.S. universities, which have been increasingly relying on international students to stay afloat.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas