Famous Brands Litter China’s Beaches
Master Kong instant noodles, Want-Want rice crackers, Nongfu Spring mineral water and Coca-Cola — these are some of the products accounting for large quantities of plastic washing ashore China’s beaches, according to a report published by a Shanghai-based environmental organization.
China’s first brand-based coastal waste report was published Tuesday by nonprofit Shanghai Rendu Ocean NPO Development Center, which conducted 40 beach-monitoring operations in Shanghai and 11 other Chinese cities. Researchers selected beaches that usually see relatively little human activity, and picked up over 82,000 waste items — 75% of which were plastic.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas