Update: Xiaomi Files to Issue China Depositary Receipts
Chinese smartphone-maker Xiaomi Inc. became the first tech giant to apply to issue Chinese depositary receipts (CDRs) in a public listing that will complement its upcoming initial public offering (IPO) on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
The China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) website indicated that it had accepted Xiaomi’s application on Thursday, the same day it was filed. The online statement said Xiaomi’s proposal is now under review and provided no further details on how much the mainland offering might raise.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas