Quick Take: Taihe Music Group Hits a High Note With $154 Million Funding
Taihe Music Group (TMG) has netted 1 billion yuan ($154 million) in its latest fundraising round as it ramps up efforts to regain its standing in a music-streaming market now dominated by tech firms.
The investors include asset management firms Legend Capital, Zhongtai Chuanghui and the Suzhou-based Guochuang Kaiyuan fund, TMG said in a statement (link in Chinese) on Thursday.
“The group will continue to strengthen and accelerate its strategic investments to promote the Chinese-language music industry,” TMG Chairman Qian Shimu said.
Beijing-based TMG claims to be China’s largest record-label group, owning several record publishers, including Rye Music and Haidie Music. The company also claims to have a 70% share of the live-music performance market in the country.
TMG — which is backed by search engine giant Baidu Inc.—– was once a dominant force in music-streaming, with its Qianqian Music player dominating the Chinese market in the PC era.
But over the last few years, the company has seen its music-streaming business falling behind its competitors, including social media giant Tencent Holdings Ltd. and NetEase Inc., as users shifted to mobile apps.
On Wednesday, TMG said it will rename its Baidu Music subsidiary Qianqian Music, a move widely seen as an effort to woo some of its older fans.
Contact reporter Mo Yelin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jun 01 17:41
Jun 01 12:22
May 29 18:23
May 29 18:04
May 29 12:40
May 28 16:02
May 28 12:52
May 28 09:10
May 27 16:43
May 27 13:27
- 1China’s ‘Bat Woman’ Warns Coronavirus Is ‘Just Tip of the Iceberg’
- 2Update: Mass Testing in Wuhan Uncovers Over 200 Asymptomatic Covid-19 Cases
- 3In Depth: Huawei’s Chip Dreams in Crosshairs of Latest U.S. Assault
- 4Premier Sends ‘Powerful’ Signal for China to Join Asia-Pacific’s Largest Trade Pact
- 5Despite Stalling Tactics, Luckin Likely to Get Thrown Off Wall Street: Experts
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas