Women at Rehab Center Struggle to Move Past Addiction
The brightly painted walls and sky-blue uniforms at Sichuan province’s only Compulsory Isolated Drug Rehabilitation Center for women belie the troubled personal histories of many who live there.
A resident surnamed He, who is receiving treatment for her methamphetamine addiction, said she began abusing drugs after her abusive marriage fell apart. Her ex-husband, whom she had married against her parents’ wishes, was a gambling addict who neglected their daughter and violently assaulted He at the slightest provocation, He said.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 5Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas