Prestigious Scholar Suspended Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations
Guangzhou’s Sun Yat-sen University has suspended a professor accused of harassing and assaulting multiple women, as China continues to grapple with sexual harassment in academia.
Zhang Peng, an ecology professor at the university, allegedly stalked, molested and threatened multiple female students and faculty members between 2011 and 2017, according to an article published on Sunday by WeChat blog theLivings. The article has since been deleted, but screenshots have continued to circulate on Chinese social media.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas