Chart: Weibo Profit Surges 92% in Second Quarter
Weibo Corp., the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, reported Wednesday that its profit grew 92% to $140.9 million in the second quarter, while revenue increased 68% to $426.6 million.
Advertising and marketing charges accounted for 86.7% of quarterly revenue, up slightly from 86.1% a year earlier.
At the same time, Weibo’s parent company, internet giant Sina Corp., reported that its June quarter profit rose 50% to $35.1 million, with revenue up by 50% to $537.4 million.
The following is an updated table of Chinese company earnings between March and June, starting with the most recent to report.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas