PC-Maker Logs Out of Lenovo Joint Venture
Compal Electronics Inc., one of the world’s largest personal-computer (PC) contract manufacturers, has disposed of its stake in a joint venture with Lenovo Group Ltd., cashing out with a gain of NT$2.58 billion ($84.2 million) as it looks to increase profitability.
The Taipei-based company, which counts Dell Inc. and Acer Inc. as clients and also assembles iPads and Apple Watches, is selling its 49% stake in Lienpal (Hefei) Ltd. for $257 million, Compal said in a statement Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas