China Approves UBS to be First Foreign Firm to Take Control of Brokerage
China has given the first green light for a foreign firm to take control of a mainland securities joint venture, the latest step in the country’s move to further open its financial sector.
Swiss financial titan UBS Group AG gained regulatory approval to increase its shareholding in its securities joint venture in China, UBS Securities Co. Ltd., from 24.99% to 51%, according to a statement (link in Chinese) released Friday by the China Securities Regulatory Commission.
- 1Renowned Stanford Physicist Shoucheng Zhang Dies at 55
- 2Why Former Australian Leader Believes China is About to Outflank Trump on Trade
- 3China: Meng Wanzhou is a Chinese Citizen
- 4Update: Huawei CFO Arrested for Allegedly Violating U.S. Sanctions on Iran
- 5Arrested Huawei Executive Reportedly Linked to Firm That Once Tried to Sell U.S. Goods to Iran
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas