Doctors on Covid-19: What We Learned in Wuhan
On March 16, 2020, experts from the Shanghai Medical Association shared their experience of treating patients with severe Covid-19 in Wuhan and Shanghai at an online conference.
Those Chinese frontline expert physicians have identified what type of patients are most likely to turn to severe conditions, which is key to save thousands of lives in early stage.
Since the emergence of Covid-19, more than 42,000 doctors and nurses from all over China have come to Wuhan for support. Thanks to their well-established self-protection, no one has been infected among medical teams.
The video is translated and subtitled by students and alumni of Sino-French Medical School of Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine.
Caixin is authorized to share the valuable experiences of these frontline ICU doctors. And find here for more Covid-19 advice for medical professionals and the public.
1. What’s the difference in the treatment of severe Covid-19 between Wuhan and Shanghai? 1:39
2. Is prone ventilation effective in the treatment of severe Covid-19? 4:28
3. How to choose modalities and timing of respiratory support in the treatment of Covid-19? 7:01
4. How to understand cytokine storm in Covid-19 and the treatment strategies? 19:35
5. What is the managing strategy of ECMO in the treatment of Covid-19? 26:58
6. What is the prognostic value of inflammatory and immune indicators in Covid-19? 28:10