Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace
Author: Joseph Williams, Joseph Bizup2016
Emphasizes the importance of style in writing for a global audience
Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace asserts that style is a matter of making informed choices in the service of one’s readers. While writers know best what they want to say, readers ultimately decide if they’ve said it well. This flagship text builds on that premise, with updates on subjects such as gender-neutral writing and writing for global audiences. It brings the authors’ innovative approach to the needs of today’s students, while maintaining that writing with style is a civic and ethical virtue.
Also available with Pearson Writer
Pearson Writer is a revolutionary digital tool for writers at all levels. Built for mobile devices, it streamlines the tedious and time-consuming aspects of writing, so that students can focus on developing their ideas.
Pearson Writer makes it easy to stay organized, track tasks, and stay on top of writing projects. Students can set milestones prior to the due date, manage their sources, organize their notes visually in the Notebook, and even get automatic feedback on their prose. Pearson Writer is now available with Noteclipper, which allows students to save online sources quickly and easily.
Features of Pearson Writer:
• Writing, Grammar, and Research Guide is a go-to resource any time students have a question or need help.
• Automatic Writing Review checks prose for possible spelling, grammar, and style errors, while offering grammar lessons and suggestions for revising and editing.
• Citation Generator keeps track of every source throughout students’ research process and builds a bibliography in the background, taking care of those formatting details.
• Research Database and NoteClipper make searching for and managing source materials easier.
• Project Manager and Notebook help students stay on top of multiple projects and make organizing ideas and sources less cumbersome.