White Liquor for the Karakoram Highway
Midday, partly cloudy skies at the Khunjerab Pass. An armed Pakistani guard stiffens, locks eyes with bus driver Ahmed and barks the official question he's probably asked every driver who's ever crossed this remote area on the China-Pakistan border.
"Are you carrying any baijiu?" the guard demands, twitching his thick mustache with a leathery lip and glaring through the open bus door.
- 1Huawei’s Harmony OS Will Compete Globally Within 2 Years, Founder Says
- 2In Unusual Move, Huawei Offers ‘No Backdoor’ Deal to India Amid Security Concerns: Report
- 3Trump Promises to Deal with Chinese Students’ Visa Woes
- 4German Wholesaler Metro Agrees to Sell China Business to Wumei
- 5Regulator Flags Risks of Concentration in Private Fund Management
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas