China Mobile to Rev Up 4G Development
(Beijing) – China Mobile will accelerate the deployment of 4G network, known as TD-LTE, nationwide in 2012, the state-owned telecoms giant said on February 28.
At an industry conference in Beijing, the company said it plans to build 20,000 TD-LTE base stations by the end of this year and expand coverage 10 fold by 2013.
China Mobile has already completed first-phase large-scale tests in six major cities for the new wireless communications standard. It is preparing to rollout commercial service of the network by next year, company president Li Yue said at the conference.
Company documents show seven telecom equipment vendors and three chip makers participated in the carrier's first-phase scale trials. The company has so far built 850 base stations in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Xiamen, with Beijing, Qingdao and Xiamen to be included in the second-phase of tests.
In early February, China Mobile purchased the 30MHZ TDD frequency band in Hong Kong for HK$ 170 million, paving the way for the expansion of its 4G network in the city.
Industry insiders noted a clear 4G development plan by China Mobile will propel the growth of the entire TD-LTE industry, sending a positive signal to the market.
May 29 18:23
May 29 18:04
May 29 12:40
May 28 16:02
May 28 12:52
May 28 09:10
May 27 16:43
May 27 13:27
May 27 12:54
May 26 17:38
May 26 17:03
May 26 12:26
May 26 10:44
May 26 03:26
May 25 17:58
- 1China’s ‘Bat Woman’ Warns Coronavirus Is ‘Just Tip of the Iceberg’
- 2Update: Mass Testing in Wuhan Uncovers Over 200 Asymptomatic Covid-19 Cases
- 3Washington Pressures China to Let U.S. Airlines Come Back
- 4China Announces $14 Billion for Intercity, High-Speed Rail Projects
- 5In Depth: Huawei’s Chip Dreams in Crosshairs of Latest U.S. Assault
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas