Firm Named for Top Rice Scientist Pulls Variety of Seeds after Crop Failure
(Beijing) – A company named after China's "father of hybrid rice" said it has stopped selling a certain seed variety after reports of a large crop failure in the eastern province of Anhui last year.
Shenzhen-listed Yuan Longping High-tech Agriculture Co. announced the decision regarding its Liangyou 0293 variety of seeds on April 13. It said cold weather was responsible for lower rice yields in the Anhui city of Bengbu in 2014.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 5Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas