Audit Finds National Lottery System Is Riddled with Problems
(Beijing) – Billions of yuan raised by China's state-run lotteries has been misused over a recent period of nearly three years, the national auditor says, shedding light on loose supervision and a lack of transparency regarding the massive system.
The largest-ever national audit of the lottery system, which focused on ticket sales and the use of funds, involved the National Audit Office sending special teams to 18 provinces and municipalities to inspect local government departments. Some 228 sales agencies and 4,965 public projects supported by lottery funds were also checked.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas