Graduates Sacrifice Plum Jobs to Live in Beijing
(Beijing) — Lei Yue, from the eastern province of Shandong, still believes he made the right job decision last fall, when he chose a state-owned enterprise (SOE) in Beijing over a multinational, also in the capital.
The deciding factor was that the state firm could also guarantee him a sought-after Beijing hukou — a coveted household registration document.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas