Sanpower to Buy U.S. Cancer-Drug Maker for $820 million
(Beijing) — Sanpower Group Co. Ltd. has agreed to buy a U.S. maker of cancer vaccines for $820 million, marking the conglomerate’s largest move to date into the global industry for precision medicines.
The purchase is one of the largest-ever of an overseas drugmaker by a Chinese company. It will see Sanpower buy Dendreon, the U.S.-based cancer business of Canada’s Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., Sanpower said in a statement on Tuesday.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas