Paramount in $1 Billion Deal with China’s Shanghai Film, Huahua Media
(Beijing) – Hollywood giant Paramount Pictures has signed a $1 billion film co-production agreement with two Chinese movie companies, marking the latest cross-border tie-up aimed at tapping China’s booming box office.
Money from the Chinese pair, Shanghai Film Group and Huahua Media, will be used to finance all of Paramount’s films over the next three years, industry insiders told Caixin on Friday. As part of the arrangement, Shanghai Film Group and Huahua will set up offices on Paramount’s Hollywood studio lot later this year, the sources said.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas