China’s First Mutual Insurer Opens
(Beijing) — China’s first mutual insurer has opened in Beijing, representing a step toward the country’s goal of diversifying its insurance industry.
Zhonghui Property Mutual Insurance, with initial working capital of 1 billion yuan ($146 million) from 12 founding members, will offer credit insurance to small and midsize enterprises plus short-term health and personal accident insurance, according to a statement published on the website of the China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas