Alibaba in Online-Offline Tie-Up with Retailer Bailian
(Beijing) — E-commerce giant Alibaba announced on Monday a new strategic partnership with a major department store operator, as reports that it was negotiating another, even-larger partnership was shot down by China’s leading supermarket chain.
The announcement of the new tie-up with Bailian Group came just days after Chinese media reported that Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. was in unrelated talks for a similar partnership with Sun Art Retail Group Ltd., operator of the RT-Mart supermarket chain. Sun Art’s Hong Kong-listed shares were suspended after those reports came out, and tumbled on Monday after the company said it wasn’t in any talks with Alibaba.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas