Editorial: Are Purchase and Loan Restrictions Effective Way to Curb Property Bubble?
The Chinese government has hastily rolled out a series of measures to cool the country’s sizzling property market after prices surged in many cities in the past few months. Since the beginning of the year, over 20 cities have imposed more restrictions on homebuyers. Earlier this month, the city government in Beijing issued the harshest rules, raising the down-payment threshold for second-time homebuyers to over 60% from 50% and shortening the maximum repayment period to 25 years in a bid to put an end to the speculation-driven home-buying frenzy.
The Editor-in-Chief of Caixin Media.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas