China Launches Major Economic Zone
(Beijing) – China is creating a new zone south of Beijing for economic reform in a project heralded by state media as the most significant one of its kind in a quarter century.
The new economic zone – called Xiongan New Area – will facilitate the economic integration of Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei province, state-run Xinhua reported Saturday. The choice came as a surprise, but Xinhua said President Xi Jinping had personally visited one of the counties in February and hosted a meeting with local officials on plans to construct the new area.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas