Quick Take: China Investment Corp. Buys Stake in Brazilian Gas Pipeline
A consortium that includes Chinese sovereign wealth fund China Investment Corp. (CIC) bought a 90% stake in a natural gas pipeline unit in Brazil, CIC said Wednesday without disclosing the price.
CIC — along with Canada’s Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and other institutional investors — acquired the stake in Nova Transportadora do Sudeste SA (NTS) from Brazilian state-run oil firm Petroleo Brasileiro SA, or Petrobras, for about $5.1 billion, according to previous media reports.
However, the consortium immediately sold part of its interest to Brazilian conglomerate Investimentos Itau SA, or Itausa, retaining an 82.35% interest. Petrobras kept 10% and Itausa has a 7.65% stake, according to a Petrobras statement. Other investors’ stakes remain undisclosed.
Petrobras said Tuesday that its sale of the pipeline stake was concluded upon payment of $4.23 billion. The remaining balance of $850 million will be paid in five years.
The deal is part of Petrobras’ efforts to relieve its large debt burden by selling assets, Reuters reported last year. The oil company’s debt totaled $118 billion, according to its financial statement for the fourth quarter of 2016.
NTS has 2050 km of gas pipelines in Brazil and 44 gas delivery outlets in the southeast region.
Contact reporter Song Shiqing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dec 07 06:55
Dec 07 06:36
Dec 07 05:00
Dec 06 18:18
Dec 06 16:36
Dec 06 16:04
Dec 06 13:34
Dec 06 11:26
Dec 06 11:36
Dec 06 06:25
Dec 06 03:01
Dec 06 03:14
Dec 05 18:03
Dec 05 17:03
Dec 05 15:39
- 1Two China Firms Miss $526 Million Bond Payments as Woes Grow
- 2Exclusive: Founder Warns of ‘Extremely Tight’ Liquidity After Bond Default
- 3Overseas Deposits Pour Into Singapore’s Banks
- 4Citigroup Edges Closer to Exiting Its Chinese Securities Venture
- 5In Depth: Is China’s Once-Booming P2P Sector Facing a Dead End?
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas