Response to Anbang Group’s Statement of April 29, 2017
Caixin Media published on April 28, 2017 the cover story “A Maze of Capital Leads to Anbang’s Aggressive Expansion” which analyzed two recent registration capital increases of Anbang Insurance Group. On April 29, 2017, Anbang Group issued a statement, alleging that Caixin’s article is an attack motivated by commercial reasons, and threatening that it would file a lawsuit against Caixin. Anbang’s allegations are completely fabricated and a blatant disregard of law.
Caixin Media has always upheld the highest ethical standard on professional integrity and public trust. It sets a strict firewall between its business and newsroom operations, preventing any possible erosion of its journalistic independence. Caixin Media strongly condemns Anbang’s defamatory statements, and reserves the right to bring legal actions moving forward.
Caixin Media Group
April 30, 2017
Tel：+86 10 8590 5204
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5China's Stock Rout Puts $613 Billion of Share Pledges at Risk
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas