Opinion: U.S. Protectionism Could Toss World Trade Into Tailspin
International trade is in trouble after the global financial crisis and, with the new Donald Trump administration, the world faces a protectionist onslaught.
As a result, there are three ways that international trade can go from here — one considerably more likely than the other two.
Let’s begin with the state of play. Three features stand out: a global trade slowdown, creeping protectionism, and the failure of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas