China Unicom Says It Uncovered Massive Revenue Falsification in Shaanxi Unit
(Beijing) – China Unicom, the nation’s second-largest wireless carrier, has disciplined 73 employees in Shaanxi province after discovering widespread falsification of new business to inflate revenue from their areas, according to multiple company sources.
An internal investigation by China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd. determined the falsification in the north-central province was systemic, reaching up to the highest levels of management in individual cities where the fraud occurred, the sources told Caixin. Much of the investigation was detailed in an internal memo, which included reflection on why such massive internal data falsification had occurred, they added.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas