Brokerage Deal Sheds Light on Fugitive Tycoon’s Tie With Abu Dhabi, Tony Blair
Leveraging connections with former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, China’s fugitive businessman Guo Wengui, also known as Miles Kwok, raised $3 billion from Abu Dhabi's royal family to fund an attempt to take control of China’s second-largest brokerage house, Haitong Securities, sources told Caixin.
But the investment has resulted in billion-dollar losses and a failed lawsuit.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas