China Renewable Companies Aren’t Juiced Up About ‘Green Certificate’ Program
(Beijing) — The Chinese government is trying to reduce its own subsidy burden while still supporting the solar- and wind-power industries through the buying and selling of “green certificates.” But at least so far, renewable-energy companies aren’t piling in.
The idea behind the certificates is that renewable sources of energy could get what would be akin to a government subsidy, but through private companies that want to show their customers they are green-friendly and financially encouraging renewable energy. The buying is set to begin on July 1.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas