In China, World’s First Online-Payment Clearinghouse Goes Live
(Beijing) — The world’s first clearinghouse dedicated to third-party online payments went live on Friday in China.
Consumers probably do not notice it when they pay for their morning coffee by scanning a QR code on WeChat Pay, but what happens in the next millionth of a second is upending the entire financial system of China — and potentially of the world.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5In-Depth: Investment Group CMIG Starts Asset Sales Amid Liquidity Crunch
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas