In China, World’s First Online-Payment Clearinghouse Goes Live
(Beijing) — The world’s first clearinghouse dedicated to third-party online payments went live on Friday in China.
Consumers probably do not notice it when they pay for their morning coffee by scanning a QR code on WeChat Pay, but what happens in the next millionth of a second is upending the entire financial system of China — and potentially of the world.
- 1Renowned Stanford Physicist Shoucheng Zhang Dies at 55
- 2Why Former Australian Leader Believes China is About to Outflank Trump on Trade
- 3China: Meng Wanzhou is a Chinese Citizen
- 4Update: Huawei CFO Arrested for Allegedly Violating U.S. Sanctions on Iran
- 5Arrested Huawei Executive Reportedly Linked to Firm That Once Tried to Sell U.S. Goods to Iran
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas