Quick Take: Guizhou Provincial Chief Supports Being Tapped to Take Over Chongqing
(Beijing) — The new party secretary of Chongqing has pledged his support of the central Communist Party’s decision to have him take over the position.
Chen Min’er voiced his agreement with the move during a meeting with the city’s retired officials on Sunday.
The party tapped Chen, 56, who had been party secretary of the southwestern province of Guizhou, to replace Sun Zhengcai, the Chongqing Daily reported.
Sun was replaced in accordance with a party decision made with “thorough consideration and prudence.”
Zhao Leji, head of the Communist Party’s Organization Department, announced the decision Saturday at a meeting with party officials in Chongqing. Zhao did not say if Sun will get a new post.
Sun, 53, had been party secretary of the northeastern province of Jilin when he was transferred to Chongqing to succeed Zhang Dejiang, one of the seven members of the powerful Politburo Standing Committee. Zhang served briefly as the city’s party secretary after the fall of Bo Xilai in March 2012.
In August 2013, Bo was sentenced to life in prison on charges of bribery, embezzlement and abuse of power.
Contact reporter Li Rongde (email@example.com)
Jan 24 06:56
Jan 24 06:01
Jan 24 02:16
Jan 23 18:30
Jan 23 16:00
Jan 23 10:48
Jan 23 05:58
Jan 23 03:49
Jan 23 03:41
Jan 23 03:09
Jan 22 15:44
Jan 22 06:31
Jan 22 03:47
Jan 22 03:06
Jan 21 17:02
- 1Wuhan Virus Latest: More Domestic, Foreign Governments Raise Alarms as Confirmed Cases Surge
- 2Reporter’s Notebook: We Stayed in Wuhan as the Last Trains Pulled Out
- 3Wuhan Virus Update: Health Expert Warns of ‘Super-Spreader’ of Viral Pneumonia
- 4How Did Two Women Drive a Luxury SUV Into the Forbidden City?
- 5After Layoffs, Oracle Executive Vows to Stay in China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas