Quick Take: China Orient On Course to Secure Pre-IPO Strategic Investors
China Orient Asset Management Co. said it is on track to sell a 15% stake by the end of this year to strategic investors in a pre-initial public offering (IPO) funding round.
China Orient is one of the country’s four national distressed-debt managers that are planning to float on a stock exchange as a listed company. Great Wall Asset Management Co. is also seeking up to eight strategic investors ahead of a planned IPO, Reuters reported earlier. China Huarong Asset Management Co. and China Cinda Asset Management Co. have already listed on the Hong Kong bourse.
China’s distressed-debt managers, which absorb toxic assets from banks to reduce risks of the credit-fueled financial system, have been looking for a public listing to broaden their capital source and shareholder base so that they can take on even more debt from the increasingly bloated economy.
China Orient’s stake offering has drawn strong interest from domestic state-owned enterprises and foreign institutional investors, board Secretary Chen Jianxiong told reporters Thursday.
Pre-IPO funding round will replenish China Orient’s imminent funding needs as well as improving corporate governance ahead of the IPO, Chen added.
Contact reporter Aries Poon (email@example.com)
Mar 04 05:33 PM
Mar 04 12:46 PM
Mar 04 12:32 PM
Mar 03 06:28 PM
Mar 03 06:17 PM
Mar 03 04:26 PM
Mar 03 12:26 PM
Mar 03 11:59 AM
Mar 02 05:33 PM
Mar 02 02:05 PM
Mar 01 07:02 PM
Mar 01 07:00 PM
Mar 01 05:03 PM
- 1Wuhan Gives Up on Troubled $18.5 Billion Chipmaking Project
- 2Corporate Contributions to Social Insurance Funds Slashed by $200 Billion in 2020
- 3Shanghai Wants Half of New Car Sales to Be Pure Electric Vehicles by 2025
- 4Gallery: Lantern Festival Lights Up End of Lunar New Year
- 5Cover Story: The Green Finance Challenge Facing China’s Banks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas