Latest Online Cleanup Targets Chat Groups
A new government clampdown is aimed at controlling illegal activity like pornography, gambling and discussion of sensitive topics in a booming number of online groups, prompting derision from some, as others predicted that many will find ways to skirt the increased oversight.
The rollout of the guidelines last week by the Cyberspace Administration of China extends a recent broader crackdown on a wide range of activity the government considers illegal. China has engaged in a similar clampdown this year against the booming live online streaming sector, in a movement that has seen hundreds of channels taken down and hosts of such channels reprimanded and punished.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas