Alipay Wants to Cut Out Lines at Hospitals
Alibaba affiliate Ant Financial has launched a new service at a Shanghai hospital to allow users of its Alipay online payment platform to see a doctor without having to line up to pay.
Under the new service, Alipay users with a credit score above 650 on Ant Financial Services Group’s Sesame Credit, qualify for 1,000 yuan ($150) in credit at Shanghai’s Huashan Hospital Affiliated with Fudan University, the online payment platform said on Tuesday. These users can use the credit to pay for any medical fees incurred at the hospital.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas