How Does Ppdai Work?
Despite increasingly stringent regulations, investors are still chasing after Chinese online peer-to-peer (P2P) lenders.
Ppdai Group Inc. is the latest Chinese microlender seeking an offshore listing. It is hoping to raise up to $371 million ahead of its New York debut on Friday, although it will be dwarfed by Qudian Inc., which raised $900 million ahead of a New York listing last month, which made it the biggest initial public offering (IPO) by a Chinese fintech firm in the U.S.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas