Convertible Bond Market in Frenzy
In China, the convertible bond market is in a feeding frenzy.
From the perspective of investors: During the past month or so, convertible bond-trading accounts more than doubled to 5.9 million. The chance of getting an allocation could be as low as 0.0013%, slimmer than in most initial public offerings.
From the perspective issuers: As of Nov. 7, 120 companies have announced plans to issue convertible bonds, involving 290 billion yuan ($43.6 million), according to data from Industrial Securities. Seventy of these companies announced their plans after new rules on share dumping were issued in May.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5Update: China’s Economic Growth Hasn’t Been This Slow Since Financial Crisis
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas