Electric Company in Sichuan Denies Ban on Bitcoin Mining
A document issued by a state-owned local electric company sparked concern in the bitcoin industry that China is moving to expand a crackdown on cryptocurrencies. But a company executive said the statement was misworded.
Titled “An Emergency Notice on Banning Bitcoin Production,” the document states that "bitcoin mining is an illegal activity" and says power generators in southwest China’s Sichuan province should stop providing electricity for bitcoin mining or face punishment for “illegal operations.”
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas