Starbucks Picks Shanghai for First Upscale Cafe Outside U.S.
U.S. coffeehouse chain Starbucks Corp. will open a Starbucks Reserve Roastery in Shanghai, the first of the new concept cafes outside its home turf, reflecting the company’s confidence in its fastest growing market.
The multimillion-dollar project is the company’s biggest move in the China market since it secured sole ownership of its 3,000 stores in the country by buying out its joint venture in July.
- 1Chart of the Day: ‘Made in China 2025’ Dropped From List of Local Government Priorities
- 2‘Aquaman’ Makes Huge Splash in China Box Office
- 3Update: Huawei CFO Faces U.S. Fraud Charges, Canadian Court Told
- 4Update: China Logs Record-High Surplus With U.S. Despite Softening Overall Export Growth
- 5It Has Been a Bad Year for the Yuan. 2019 Could Be Worse
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas