Quick Take: Is Macau a Tax Haven? You Bet, EU Says
Macau, a small Chinese island famed for its casinos, is among the 17 territories that the European Union has recently blacklisted as tax havens.
In the EU’s first such list, territories or countries are labeled so-called “non-cooperative jurisdictions” if their tax regimes are not sufficiently transparent or fair, or their tax systems encourage multinationals to shift profits out of the territory to evade tax payments, the Council of the European Union said in a statement dated Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas