Didi Chuxing Revs Engine for Taiwan
China’s largest ride-hailing firm Didi Chuxing is expanding into Taiwan, months after rival Uber quit then re-entered the market.
Didi has awarded local company Ledi Technology Co. the exclusive rights to promote and use the Didi brand and platform in Taiwan, and is now recruiting drivers, according to a statement on the Didi Taiwan Facebook page.
The expansion is Didi’s latest foray outside the Chinese mainland. In February, it set up an international division, announced planned launches in Japan and opened a research and development center in California.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas