HNA Group Pledges Stake in Chinese Bank for Cash
Indebted HNA Group has pledged some of its stake in Postal Savings Bank of China as collateral to borrow money, Chinese conglomerate’s latest move to ease a liquidity squeeze.
The stake was valued at HK$2.83 billion ($362 million), regulatory filings show.
Hainan Province CiHang Foundation, HNA’s largest shareholder in China, pledged 919.3 million shares, or a 4.63% stake, of the bank at HK$3.08 per share on Dec. 15, according to a regulatory filing by the lender with the Hong Kong bourse Thursday.
- 1Chart of the Day: ‘Made in China 2025’ Dropped From List of Local Government Priorities
- 2‘Aquaman’ Makes Huge Splash in China Box Office
- 3Update: Huawei CFO Faces U.S. Fraud Charges, Canadian Court Told
- 4Update: China Logs Record-High Surplus With U.S. Despite Softening Overall Export Growth
- 5It Has Been a Bad Year for the Yuan. 2019 Could Be Worse
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas