Alipay’s Owner Apologizes for Automatic Credit System Enrollment
Ant Financial Services Group, which operates Alipay, China’s top third-party payment service provider, apologized Wednesday for automatically enrolling users into its credit-rating system in the wave of a backlash from the public as well as the central bank.
Earlier this week, Alipay added a new feature to its year-end electronic billing service that allows Zhima Credit to access the user to access shopping and payment history on the app unless they opt out.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas