Central Bank Relaxes Controls on Yuan’s Cross-Border Use
The central bank has removed more limits on cross-border flows of the yuan.
Overseas salaries can now be paid in China’s national currency and foreign companies can use the yuan to participate in the domestic carbon-trading market, according to a document released by the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) on Friday. The measures are effective immediately.
The central bank also clarified that onshore companies that issue bonds or stock in yuan overseas can transfer those funds back to China “depending on their actual needs.”
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas