Editorial: How China Can Prevent Systemic Risk
The banking regulator has recently announced its punishment for a number of banks involved in illicit practices in 2017, imposing record fines totaling more than 2 billion yuan ($308 million).
China Guangfa Bank, which was found to have fabricated loan guarantee documents in a high-profile bond default scandal, was fined 722 million yuan. However, other players involved in the 1.1 billion-yuan bond, including underwriter Guangdong Equity Exchange and an Alibaba Group-affiliated internet platform that sold the bond, have not been held responsible.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas