Bitcoin Exchange Bought in Latest Sign of Exodus From Mainland
The one-time operator of one of the Chinese mainland’s top three bitcoin exchanges has been bought by a Hong Kong investor.
The acquisition of BTCC by a Hong Kong-based blockchain investment fund comes amid signs that China’s regulators are determined to stamp out cryptocurrency trading.
After the takeover, BTCC will “focus exclusively” on the international market and its three major products — a cryptocurrency mining pool, a wallet service and a U.S. dollar exchange platform — the company said in a statement on Monday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas